“Interrupt anxiety with gratitude”
It seems the only way out of a negative-mind-loop is to stop focusing on the bad and refocusing on the good. With that in mind, today I am starting a little project I’m going to call “5 Days of Gratitude.” Each day of this week I will write about gratitude. On Friday I will re-evaluate my level of happiness and anxiety.
Here goes my first challenge!
Today I am grateful for:
- An almost clean home.
- My yellow dog, who is laid out sideways with her left her flopped open, giving her the appearance of a Fennec Fox.
- My job, which allows me to take my kids with me, entertains them, and keeps them healthy and happy.
- My husband who does his best to make us all happy.
- Healthy grandparents.
- Healthy children.
- The California sun.
- Yoga, sandy beaches, early morning runs, hills that lead to avocado groves, and cool breezes.
- For books that hold me captive and take me far away, to places and journeys unknown.
- For a new week; to start again.
What are you grateful for?